Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

The Parks family enjoyed a nice weekend.  It began with my first hand-made Mother's Day gifts from my kids (compliments of good ol' BCC Montessori).  I got two ceramic hearts painted in a beautiful "I mixed every color available and it turned out deeeep purple/black-ish" color along with two potted plants.  Olivia's plant has purple flower petals and TJ's apparently has orange flowers, but I can't quite tell yet because he picked off all of the petals before the gift was complete.  I sure hope it's a resilient plant like the one that I had in college that had 9 lives. Maybe I'll even plant them outside so mother nature can nurture them…on second thought.  I don't do the 'outside'.  Too many creatures and animals are out there. 

Anyway, the weekend started out with just me and the kids on Friday night as Terry was recruiting in Miami.  The kids behaved very well for Mommy.  Olivia still has a rough time sleeping in her bed.  She always does her best to get us to come get her when we put them to bed, and through it all TJ falls right asleep.  Friday was no different, but this time she cried herself to sleep.  But before I went to bed, I decided to go make sure that their blankets were covering them and this is what I found.  (You can even see TJ's head in the background). 


Bless her heart!  Especially since the night before, she had cried herself to sleep on the floor.   She really doesn't like that bed...  

Saturday, when Terry returned home we packed up the truck and headed to DeBary.  I decided that even though we didn't have the results back from TJ's allergy testing that we would give ol' DeBary a try because I was going through withdrawal. The last two times we visited DeBary TJ broke out into hives and a rash so I was a little hesitant to return.  I am so glad we did because, as always, the kids enjoyed seeing everyone…but of course, everyone was equally as happy to see TJ and Olivia!   (So far so good with TJ...no signs of any hives this time.  Yay!)

Mother's Day was lovely:)  Probably because Terry remembered that I was actually a mother this year!  (Last year, not so much!).  After church we took the kids to the park to run around in the fountains. It was a beautiful 96 degree sunny day.  The kids absolutely loved it.  We enjoyed the fountains for quite some time by ourselves before the big kids started arriving and messing it up for us.  Here are some pics of TJ and Olivia having fun in the fountains:)

TJ playing with G-Ma's umbrella.  They LOVE umbrellas...


They were a little hesitant at first...

In fact, the first time that Olivia got soaked she ran to her Daddy!

But soon enough, they were off!

Even the ABCs provided entertainment!

Tara showed up a few hours before we headed back to Palm Bay:)  The kids were ecstatic to see their Ti-ti!

And after about 8 tries, we were finally able to get a Mother's Day 2009 picture with everyone looking at the camera!

Needless to say it was a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

What a wonderful weekend, and FANTASTIC pictures! I especially love the last one--it's crazy how much the three of you look alike. Just wait till Olivia is older...you'll be four of a kind!

Poks said...

Happy Mother's Day (late)! Makes me sad that we are both in Florida but so far away. Wouldn't it be so much fun if we were close.... oh well. Can't believe it's been almost TEN YEARS since I've seen you! - Robin

Jamesha said...

10 years since Owen Hall?! CRAZY! Yes, it is a shame that we are in the same state yet worlds away. We might have a better chance meeting up in Columbus!

Unknown said...

Which park is that? Talk about suh-wanky! Far from the dirt patches of our youth...

I miss those kids. My time with them was brief, but I adore them.

Jamesha said...

It is a 'new park' that they put on 17-92...if you're headed to DeLand it's on the right hand side a few miles before you get to Graves...it's pretty popular, although there's not much else there.