Friday, May 1, 2009

Is it May already?!

Where has the time gone?!  It's been awhile since I've posted.  Here are some pictures of the kids' first trip to the bookstore...we went to Books-a-Million while we were out and about a few weeks ago. For as much as they LOVE books, I'm not exactly sure why we haven't been before now. I think it was just easier to bring the books to them. As you can see they enjoyed themselves...







We also had a visit from one of my oldest friends from Deltona, Tonya, last week. Not sure how long we've known each other, but I definitely have a newspaper clipping of us when we placed 2nd and 3rd in our 2nd grade spelling bee at Enterprise Elementary. Anyway, she was nice enough to drive to Palm Bay while she was in town from Maryland. The kids warmed right up to her. She became an honorary member of the Parks Band:)

Last weekend I went out of town for a girls weekend with Star and her childhood friend, Carmen. We had a great time in Charlotte. If Charlotte were in Florida I'd definitely live there:) The kids stayed with Terry for the weekend and my mom was nice enough to stay over on Saturday night to help. It's always nice when G-ma comes to town! Unfortunately I had the camera in Charlotte so no pictures were taken of the kids, but here is a picture of me in Charlotte with Star and Carmen.  Good times...




Tomorrow morning we will be walking in the March of Dimes March for Babies again. I think we will take our trusty red wagon and pull the kids instead of using the stroller like we did last year. I will be sure to post pictures after the walk:)

Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm bringing my own bag o'instruments next time! And I swear I didn't bend that cymbal!

1st grade! Mrs. Lugen!

Thanks for hosting me :)