Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Five!

What a week for the Park's Family!  So much to talk about...where do I start?  (Warning...this is going to be a LONG one).

Let's start with last Sunday when Terry informed me that the week ahead of us would have a theme.  The theme for the week:  FIVE.   Clearly that's because last Friday, the 22nd, Terry and I would be celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary!  Yay!  Anyway, he decided instead of doing our run-of-the-mill dinner and movie anniversary celebration, he would make it a week o' fun for me.  I was very excited, needless to say.  Surprises came daily…Monday:  A $5 footlong from Subway and a relaxing lunch together.  Tuesday:  $5 bills and $5 worth of nickels.  Wednesday:  A 5" digital picture frame for my desk at work.  Thursday: A $55.55 gift card to Tropical Smoothie (I LOVE LOVE LOVE a good mango peach smoothie from Tropical Smoothie…I get the "Mango Magic" smoothie and substitute the pineapple for peaches).  Friday: I'll get to Friday in a second.  It was so exciting to get little surprises everyday and stretch out the celebration over the entire week.  Thanks, TParks! 

Getting back to Friday…it was also Teacher Appreciation Week at BCC Montessori School.  All week parents were asked to bring in in flowers/treats/etc, but their gift on Friday was a "kid-free" lunch. Parents were asked to volunteer to sit in the classrooms during lunch so this would be possible.  Terry talked me into doing this, and I'm so glad he did!  We had a great time!  Luckily we had 4 parents (including me and Terry) to volunteer in the toddler classroom with 8 toddlers.  It was a wonderful ratio!  We sat with the kids as they ate lunch and went down for a nap.  TJ and Olivia were SO happy to see us and interact with us at school!  They introduced us to all of their friends (as if we didn't know them already) and were so excited to have us there for lunch.  I thought TJ and Olivia were excited when I showed up…but it was NOTHING compared to when Daddy showed up.  


Olivia could hardly contain herself. Do you see this smile?! 

Here is their classmate, Jolie, offering Terry one of their miniature sized chairs.  I had to take a picture...


Here are some more pictures from our afternoon in the toddler classroom.  


We were there a little longer than we expected, which threw off our plans to go to Five Guys (sticking with the "Five" theme), but it was well worth it.  We were able to go home and get the truck packed up so we could head to DeBary for the long weekend.  Mom and Tara offered to keep the kids while Terry and I went out to celebrate our actual anniversary.  Although I do not have any pictures, after picking a mango-peach Tropical Smoothie we headed to Disney and enjoyed a nice stroll around The Boardwalk, Yacht Club and Beach Club Resorts before finally settling to eat at Outback (not our first, second, or fifth choice for that matter, but we enjoyed each other's company!).  We'll try and plan better next time.  So much for being spontaneous! 

Two days after our 5th anniversary, my parents celebrated their 35th anniversary.  How wonderful!  Mom had a suggestion to take an afternoon trip to St. Augustine as a family so Mom and Dad drove up in one car; and Terry, Tara, the kids and I packed up in another and headed up north.  It was an absolutely beautiful day!  After a weekend of scattered thunderstorms we didn't run into one drop of rain while there.  Good times...


It was also a special trip for Terry and I because downtown St. Augustine was the site of our wedding…how appropriate to go back and visit after 5 years (almost to the day).  We went back to Ancient City Baptist Church, the site of the wedding ceremony…

...and to Casa Monica Hotel, the site of our wedding reception.













We ran into one of Terry's old players that he coached while at UNF which was a pleasant surprise (he was even taller than I remembered!) and even saw a bride and her bridal party on their way to a wedding!   


The icing on the cake was visiting Kilwin's, my FAVORITE ice cream parlor.  I was first introduced to Kilwin's while living in St. Augustine and am SO lucky to have one here in Melbourne.  Their toasted coconut ice cream is to die for.  Tara decided on my first love, Georgia Peach.  It was deeee-wicious (as TJ and Olivia say).  We took a self portrait eating our ice cream, but didn't quite get the ice cream in the picture...oh well;)

The kids were so exhausted that they slept the entire way home.  

We stayed in DeBary until late Monday night enjoying my family's company. The kids enjoyed being "cowboys and cowgirls" with Gpa...


...and a little "Johnson Montessori" before bathtime was a perfect ending to a wonderful week!

I think it's time for bed now!  Good night!

4 comments:

Sarah Armstrong said...

Congratulations on five years! And what a neat way to celebrate with all the "5" stuff! :) Love the picture of Terry with the tiny chair - that is too cute.

Amanda said...

I, too, love the picture of Terry and the tiny chair! Your kids just keep getting cuter, too. I LOVE all the pictures!

Ashley Turnbull said...

Love it all! Congratulations to you guys - and how creative is Mr. Terry! You guys are too cute together!

Anonymous said...

Terry gets major points for his theme work. Very impressive.

I love all of the pictures! It looks - and sounds - like an awesome weekend.