Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Week in review...

Okay...so I just put TJ down...again. Bless his little heart. He is now suffering from allergies. To what, I am not sure. I am assuming pollen, etc. His nose/cheeks are raw from rubbing his nose and he is really congested. Nothing seems to be working. We tried the recommended dosage of Children's Zyrtec...nothing. We tried an increased dosage (per doctor orders)...nothing. Now we are on prescription Allegra and it is working, but not like I want it to work. But oh well, I guess some relief is better than none. We are to try Allegra for a few weeks and then it's off to allergy testing. Hopefully we won't have to do that.

He is not in any way letting it effect his demeanor. He, and Olivia, are just little balls of energy. I LOVE it. His new favorite thing to do is get water out of the water dispenser on the outside of the refrigerator. The only thing is that he doesn't have a cup so it pours water all over the floor. He is getting too tall for his own good. He also LOVES to "sing". His favorite songs are the theme songs from Little Einsteins, The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, The Backyardigans, Wonder Pets, The Letter Factory (a Leap Frog video that I highly recommend to toddlers) and "Itsy Bitsy Spider". Olivia enjoys the same songs, but she mainly dances to them. I think they make a good team:) She also LOVES to walk on her tippy toes. She got her first war wound a few days ago...it was actually on the day they turned 16 months old. She apparently took a spill on the driveway while outside with her "G-pa" (my dad). TJ had a similar spill right before their first birthday...again, while playing outside with "G-pa". I remember the timing because it came right before we took them to get their 1st birthday pictures. He survived so I'm sure she'll be fine. Just a few scrapes on the nose, above her lip and on her forehead. Its probably good that I didn't witness that fall...

I went to Clearwater this past weekend with a few friends. We had a great time. Terry stayed with my parents in DeBary so he could have some overnight help with the kids. (Between the two of them, SOMEONE is bound to wake up during the night...if not both.) Getting back my weekend...we all used to work together in St. Augustine as Industrial Engineers. My friend, Gallagher, lives in Maryland now and my other friend, D, is still living in St. Augustine. Despite living in different cities/states we have managed to reunite at least once a year since 2004. We develop an agenda in powerpoint the week prior to the reunion to make sure that everything is covered during the short time that we are together. We usually get together in DeBary (where I grew up) at a Dunkin Donuts, but we've also taken the reunion on the road to Savannah and now, Clearwater. Pretty much we ate, hung out, ate, slept and ate again. My friend, D, from St. Augustine is 17 weeks pregnant so it should come as no surprise that most of our trip was spent eating or figuring out the details of our next meal. Anyway, we had fun...whenever I figure out how to get these pictures off of my camera I will show you a picture of us after eating at this restaurant on Clearwater Beach. This is how we ALWAYS line up for pictures, with me in the middle - so there is symmetry in height and "brightness". It makes sense to us anyway...


That's about all that's going on in my life right now. I guess I should try to get a few minutes of sleep before TJ wakes up again.

2 comments:

Star said...

11:34 pm?!?!?! Wow, things sure have changed.... :)

Unknown said...

I'm glad you got a nice weekend away! I'll look forward to a symmetric picture.

And a picture of the war wounds, obviously.

Poor TJ. Don't ever let him move to Maryland or he will never stop rubbing his nose. I never had allergies until moving here. JOY.