Thursday, April 3, 2008

That's it!!!!

That's it!
So I am going to a baby shower on Sunday and I got this really cute invitation that has a 'tear-off' portion on the bottom. You are supposed to write advice to the mom-to-be and bring it to the shower. I don't want to give the same old 'cliché' types of advice (e.g. "get your sleep now!", "enjoy being the center of attention now", etc.) so I've been struggling with what advice to write down. I figure with two, I should have GREAT advice to give. I've had this invitation for awhile, but now the shower is 3 days away and still nothing. And then the proverbial light bulb came on this morning after sharing with a friend my direct tv experience from yesterday. A little history...Olivia or TJ…which I have a feeling it was my boy…apparently ordered a Directv MLB baseball package via the remote control for a bargain price of 4 payments of $50 (more or less). This is especially funny to anyone who knows me because I have NEVER watched a baseball game on television. I have only attended 3 games in my entire 28 years of living. I have no love for "America's favorite pasttime" I'm sorry to say. Anyway, fast forward to this morning when the invitation was staring at me for yet another day still with nothing written in the advice portion. Now to the light bulb coming on…I said "THAT'S IT!!!". I have now written the following advice to the mom-to-be. It can be advice for ANY parents out there who have young children who are technological geniuses as I like to call my children…
Advice: Password protect or disable (which gets my vote) all ordering capabilities on your cell phone and tv remote control. It will save you time, $ and the stress of begging the customer service representative to remove mysterious charges from your bill!
I have a feeling no one else will come to the shower with this advice. Mission accomplished!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would take every piece of advice you gave me because I know it's real. That other stuff goes without saying - you'll give me the straight dope on the nitty gritty!

J.L.B.C. said...

Wait a minute...I thought you played baseball all through school...your Dad did too, right? I mean, height comes in handy for baseball players! :) j/k Great advice Mesh!