Friday, May 9, 2008

3 subjects for this one…"So excited" / "Who knew?!" / "Back to reality"

Subject #1…SO EXCITED
So first I'm really excited that The Color Purple is coming to Atlanta!!!!!!! I have loved the movie for years and years…read the book in high school…used to watch it with my roommate in college so much that we used to pause and analyze each scene...watched Oprah when she announced that she was producing it on Broadway…my sister bought me the coffee table book of all of the scenes of the play …and most importantly I named my baby girl Olivia just like Celie's child in the movie. Anyway, I was paging through a AAA magazine this weekend (which I usually throw away) and saw that it was coming to the southeast as part of it's national tour. After further research I found out that it was coming to Atlanta!! Once I get my vacation approved I am going to book tix so Terry and I can go see it. We will drop the kids off at his parent's house and head on to Atlanta for the show. I think this might be date #3 since December 2006. It will be my official anniversary/birthday gift. I am SO EXCITED needless to say.

Okay, new subject…Who knew?!
I got to work this morning and saw an e-mail from a very familiar name, but I just couldn't place it. Turns out it was a girl who used to be in a mentoring program for underprivileged middle-school aged girls that I led in 2000 while at Auburn. My favorite memory of this was when I was taking this particular girl home one day and a Michael Jackson song came on…a song from his "BAD" album (I believe it was Dirty Diana). Of course I got really excited and started singing the song and she asked me "what is this song"? Talk about a pregnant pause. I almost had to stop the car b/c I was in complete shock. Then I realized that that song probably came out in 1988-ish and that she was probably born around that time. That was the first time that I actually felt old. Anyway, this girl found me on a professional network that my coworker had me sign up for a year ago and e-mailed me! I have to share the e-mail:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Jamesha i don't know if u remember me or not but i know u from Auburn.. I participated in Delta Academy in 2000-2001. But i have been wanting to know how u were doing. And to tell u thanks for your guidance and attention. I really appreciated it and just to let u know that u were a positive influence on my life and for that i thank u.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Subject #3…Back to reality...
TJ has been a running fever off and on this week. I took him to the doctor and we have determined that he probably has some of the same thing that Terry has (flu-like) in addition to bad allergies…not to mention he has 4 teeth coming in. Bless his heart. It is amazing how Olivia is not phased by ANYTHING. I'm glad TJ is being a gentlemen and handling being sick for the both of them, but I really do feel for him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a nice email! That's gotta make you feel good.

I usually throw out the AAA magazine, too. Along with AARP. WHY do I get the AARP magazine? I am not of that demographic yet. However, in my head I'm 83 years old, so I guess it makes sense.