Monday, May 19, 2008

My weekend in Atlanta...

I went to my line sister's wedding this weekend in Atlanta and had a nice time. I was able to see 11 of my 18 living line sisters which was really nice. 10 showed up at the wedding and another drove over to see me because this is the closest we've been to each other since she was in my wedding in 2004. Anyway, the wedding was absolutely beautiful.

I think, however, that this weekend was most likely the last time I will voluntarily visit the city of Atlanta. Let's begin with the Dillards and Ann Taylor employees who were the most non-helpful employees ever. I have had GREAT experiences with the local employees of Ann Taylor and Dillards so I was just really ticked off at the way they blew me off when I asked for help. I might just have to call corporate on them;) Secondly, the Atlanta traffic. Need I say more. They are repaving 85 South so there is AT LEAST a 50+ minute delay. Thank goodness for Magellan (my navigational system). I just turned off at a random exit and let it "recalculate my route". When I got to where it said I was 2.6 miles away and it was 35 minutes until the wedding I thought I was good! I was SO WRONG. It took me 25 minutes to go 2.6 miles on Peachtree St. downtown. NEVER AGAIN. I've already told Terry that "we" will not be taking any coaching jobs in Atlanta. But "we" have already established that "we" will not be leaving Florida again so that should already be taken care of.

Anyway, I'm back in town now and it was wonderful to see Terry, TJ and Olivia...and my parents, of course! The smile the kids gave me when they saw me after 3 days was PRICELESS. I'm sure to them I was gone for years, not days.

That's really all for now. I'll post pictures when I download them off of my camera...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember my family's trips to Tennessee were always planned around avoiding Atlanta rush hour. Now it's just crazy all the time. Same up here, too. Bogus, I say!

Glad to hear you had a good time, regardless of the traffic!

Unknown said...

FYI, you look awesome.