Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day and more...

So apparently it's been awhile since I've posted a blog.  I must say that it's not because of a lack of material!  My kids have been extra cute these last few weeks, but everytime they did something blog-worthy  I was just not able to stop for long enough to get a blog in.   For those of you who are going through Parks twins withdrawal (I'm not naming any names...), here we go...

Since I last blogged I have turned the big 3-0!  Yay!  Unfortunately that week my kids also decided to catch the Round 1 of the "mysterious daycare virus".  I ended up leaving work early on my birthday to pick them up from daycare and they proceeded to spend three days at home (Terry and I each stayed home from work a 1/2 day each day) recovering from fever/diarrhea.  No fun, but they seemed to get better and were ready to get back to school on Thursday.  

That weekend some good friends of ours, Jen and Jason, came down to accompany us on our first beach trip of the summer.  We had a really good time although it was REALLY hot!  Here are some pics from our beach trip.   



That evening of the beach trip, however, we noticed that TJ was getting yet another fever...and thus began Round 2 of the "mysterious daycare virus".  Both TJ and Olivia ended up having pretty high fevers and stayed home all week from daycare.  We took them to the doctor just to verify that it was, in fact, viral and we were right.  Unfortunately you just have to be patient and let the virus run its course.  One good thing about that week was that we got to spend a lot of quality time together, which gave me time to sit back and observe just how much they've grown up.  By Friday everyone was fine and they were ready to return to school on Monday:)

Last week marked the kids' 1 year anniversary at the Montessori school.  It is just AMAZING how much they have developed into self sufficient little people.  We could not be happier with the staff, curriculum and location of the school.  It is absolutely perfect.  I was looking at the video that I posted after their first day of school last year and it just amazing how far they've come in a year.  It seems like overnight they have started "reading" books and speaking in complete sentences.  We can hold normal (simple) conversations with them and can see them processing what we're saying.  What a feeling!  Here is a video of them reading their favorite books...Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?  and  The Monster at the End of This Book.  (Please excuse the random recliner in the background.  We had just gotten our carpets cleaned and it hadn't made its way back into the living room yet...)

 



Don't you love it!  I especially love that Olivia cannot say "looking at me" when she reads/sings her Brown Bear book.  She says "ah-oo-wa me".  So cute...

This past weekend we celebrated Father's Day.  The kids and I traveled to DeBary to spend the weekend with my family while Terry stayed behind to work.   An added bonus to this trip was that my grandmother traveled down from the panhandle so the kids and I were able to spend time with her.  I cherish every opportunity that I am able to spend time with 4 generations of my family under one roof.  Unfortunately my grandmother HATES taking pictures so I was unable to capture the moment, but hopefully we'll get to see her again before she heads back home and I can convince her to take one.  I didn't get any pictures of her, but I did capture some kodak moments before the we came back home.  


Happy Father's Day to my two favorite Dads!!!!!  




Good night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. Thank you so much for this. I was jonesin' real bad.

It's so amazing that I was there, what - 2 months ago? And they look so much more grown up even now. I love them.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and my grandmother hates having her picture taken, too. It makes me crazy because she is so cute.

Amanda said...

I can't wait to read with the ids next week! They are just TOO cute.