Monday, June 22, 2009

On a Roll

After not blogging for 3 weeks, two blogs in one night!  Sarah tagged me, hope you enjoy!

8 Things I am looking forward to:

1. My off Friday at work aka "my personal holiday".  (I work every other Friday.)
2. Olivia sleeping through the night like her brother
3.  Finishing folding the pile of laundry that is on a chair in the living room
4.  Going to sleep
5.  Meeting up with Donna and Lindsay for a spa day next month
6.  My girls weekend in Charleston with Valencia at the end of the summer (haven't seen her in 4 years!)
7.  Fall semester when the increased employee discount takes effect on the kids' weekly school tuition
8.  Star's bridal shower and wedding!

8 Things I did yesterday:
1. Drove with the kids up to my parents house
2. Saw my grandma :)
3.  Had a fun "Girls Night Out" dinner with some friends from high school
4.  Gave the kids their first showers.  (Olivia - thumbs down;  TJ- two thumbs up!)
5.  Went out and about to scope out some Father's Day gifts...ended up with NADA!
6.  Took a nap
7.  Had a wonderful conversation with my good friend Holly who is 21 weeks pregnant!  I haven't spoken to her in ages!!!!
8.  Saw an old high school classmate in Michael's.  Haven't seen him since high school.  

8 Things I wish I could do:
1. Go on a vacation with my husband
2. Find more time to work out
3. Work part time so I could spend more time with my kids
4.  Braid Olivia's hair so my mom wouldn't have to do it
5.  Hire Candice Olsen to decorate my entire house
6.  Tolerate flying so I could visit more friends 
7.  Learn how to swim
8.  Find a private swimming instructor for my kids or a 2-year old class that doesn't require a parent per child in the water. 

8 Shows I watch:
1. So You Think You Can Dance
2. Divine Design
3.  Real Housewives of Orange County/New Jersey/Atlanta
4.  Jon & Kate Plus 8
5.  Run's House
6.  Say Yes To the Dress
7.  House Hunters
8.  All Cartoons on Noggin (Yo Gabba Gabba, Backyardigans, Wonder Pets, Ni Hao Kailan, etc)

8 of my Favorite Foods:
1. Yoplait Yogurt Light
2.  Bear Naked Granola
3.  Kilwin's Toasted Coconut Ice Cream
4.  Ben & Jerry's Coconut 7-layer bar Ice Cream
5.  Mango Magic Smoothie from Tropical Smoothie (substitute the pineapple for peaches)
6.  Grands Homestyle Biscuits
7.  Turkey Burgers
8. Sweet Potatoes

8 Places I have traveled: 
1. Vienna, Austria (high school)
2. Salzburg, Austria (high school)
3.  Cancun, Mexico (high school)
4.  Bahamas (honeymoon cruise)
5.  Key West (honeymoon cruise)
6.  New York City (college)
7.  St. Louis, Missouri (Final Four)
8.  Indianapolis, Indiana (Final Four)

8 Places I would like to travel: (This is a problem since I have learned to hate flying...)
1. Hawaii
2. Baton Rouge to visit Kamilah
3. Chicago
4.  Maryland to visit Valencia, Lindsay and Tonya
5.  Las Vegas
6.  California
7.  New York City to see Broadway shows
8.  Indianapolis (to the next Final Four)


People I tag: 
Whoever is reading this blog and has not done this already!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Increased employee discount - holla! That is good news.

Who did you have dinner with and who'd you see in Michael's? These are things I need to know.

I am working on a retirement plan that involves winning Mega Millions and/or Powerball, so when that comes through, I will be taking care of you guys. In the meantime? Bonefish gift cards.

Ashley Turnbull said...

This isn't THE Holly and Jesse? Is it? Pregnant? Details please!

Valencia Lawrence said...

Parks...I can't wait until Charleston...The Boathouse, Hymans, Charleston Place (wear your lavender dress!!!!), every Target in the greater Charleston area...World Harvest!!!! We are going to have a blast!