Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday Night Manners

When we got home today, with little preparation we were able to sit down at the dinner table thanks to Terry:)  He came home for his pre-game nap and prepared dinner so I didn't have to do it when I got home with the kids.  I love that boy.  Anyway, while they were still buckled in their booster seats after we finished eating, I utilized the time that they were interacting with each other to clean up the kitchen and get the dishwasher ready to run before we headed for bathtime.  Well tonight while I was cleaning up this is what happened:

TJ:   <<'burrrrrrrrrrp'>> Excuse me.
Me:    <<'mouth wide open'>> Good job with saying excuse me, TJ!!!!
TJ:  You're welcome.

A few minutes later, after Olivia reminded me to give her her Flintstone vitamin (by pointing to the cabinet where I keep them and saying "vitamin!  vitamin!") she accidently dropped it on the floor.  So, naturally, I picked it up for her since she was still buckled in (3 second rule was in full effect) and she proceeded to say: "Thank you, Mom!"

I think I have the most polite 2 year olds on the planet.

Bathtime!!!!


2 comments:

Amanda said...

OMG, they are so sweet!

Unknown said...

Raising 'em right, mom!