Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lazy Weekend

The Parks family didn't do anything dramatic this weekend. We just hung around the house and relaxed. Here are a few pics from the weekend:

I had to capture this moment. I had asked TJ to stay in their room until he calmed down (not sure what he was 'excited' about). As always, Olivia took care of TJ by, first, bringing him something to play with (a VeggieTales movie case) and then going to get herself a book before plopping on the floor beside him...I guess in support...or protest. I love that they take care of each other like this:)



Gma and Gpa came last night as opposed to tonight and did Olivia's hair. She was extra resistant so it took a looooong time to finish her hair. My mom and dad insisted that I take a nap while they were here. Terry had been in and out due to practice and a function at the school so I certainly did not turn down that opportunity. They had a great time with their 'grands' as you can see.  Here is a picture of Gma and TJ reading their favorite Backyardigans book.

This is TJ and Olivia climbing on their Gpa.  You can also see a picture of Olivia and her afro before her Gma got her hands on it.


Here are TJ and Olivia spending some time in their playroom reading in their wagon, one of their favorite activities:)


Olivia, I'm sure with TJ's help, got into their armoir of clothes and decided to put on as many items of clothing as she could.  It's hard to see, but underneath her tights are her Christmas socks that light up.  It was a hilarious sight to see!




Our favorite Backyardigans episode and book has a character "Pirate Captain Moody" and they LOVE to make the pirate sound "Arrrrrr" along with the hand motions just like Pirate Captain Moody does.   I guess at this point Olivia and TJ thought Olivia looked like a pirate because they started making their pirate sounds and hand motions.  





TJ also got a haircut today. He did pretty good. Towards the end, as is usually the case, I had to occupy him so Terry could finish. With Olivia sitting on my lap and TJ sitting in the chair getting a haircut, we read a few Berenstein Bears books.




What I thought was pretty funny was that at this point in the haircut, TJ yelled out "TJ allllllllll done!". And all we could say was...not quite, TJ...not quite. Can you imagine if we let him go out in public with his hair looking like this?!



Of course after TJ got a haircut, the entire house had to listen to Daddy for the rest of the evening say to TJ:  "Nice haircut, TJ! Who is your barber?!" As long as it's free, I guess it's worth it!

Lastly, here is a picture of TJ and Olivia eating daddy's pasta like it was the best meal they've had in days. This happens EVERY time Daddy gives them their dinner (even if I cooked it...which, in this case, I didn't). They did eat my spaghetti/mixed veggie concoction today at lunch, so I guess I shouldn't be too mad...



That's about all. Off to bed...Good night!!




2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love Oliva's 'fro!

Unknown said...

Olivia is rocking a straight up Angela Davis afro. Righteous.

Their cuteness is out of hand.

I'm seriously cracking up at TJ's half-done haircut. Lordy.