Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Olivia and TJ turn 2!!!!

The kids turned two years old yesterday! I cannot believe that it has been two years since I stood in front of our Christmas tree wearing Terry's 2X shirts and shorts because I couldn't fit into much else.  


I cannot believe that it has been two years since I brought my little babies home from the hospital. 



Hard to believe that those little infants that I brought home that used to do nothing but sleep, eat and poop are now little people who are learning new words/phrases everyday (like "no thank you" and "no sing!"...that is what they say when we sing to them now), who love to play with each other/give each other hugs & kisses, who love Mickey Mouse and who love to read and watch Noggin cartoons (their favorite...and mine...is Backyardigans).  

For their two year birthday, I decided to postpone the "kiddy birthday party" for yet another year, at least.   In place of a party we decided to take the kids on their first zoo trip.   Star and her fiance, Travis, were in town and came along.   We saw birds, alligators, giraffes, rhinos, and so many other animals that I care not to list.   Good times were had by all. 

The zoo trip occurred on Saturday, two days before their actual 'date of birth'. Their actual birthday turned out quite nice.  I decided to not get another Publix cake since TJ broke out from it last year.   Bless his heart.  Instead I decided to make cupcakes for them using Soy milk so both kids could enjoy them.  Star was nice enough to volunteer to bake and decorate the cupcakes and they were excellent.  We didn't actually begin the celebration until about 6 at night for a number of reasons but it was a great party!  They kids loved their Mickey balloons and decorations, they LOVED the "lights" (aka candles) on their cupcakes and loved the cupcakes as you will see in the pictures.  It was a nice stress free gathering and everyone seemed to have a good time.  They got their own set of Mickey keys so I don't have to worry about them losing my car keys (thanks Star and Travis!), they got an interactive book with a 'matching' stuffed animal Mickey and Pooh (thanks Jen and Jason) and of course they got more books from Mommy and Daddy.  

The finale of the birthday celebration will occur on New Year's Day when we go to Disney World!!!!!!  We are taking the kids for the first time...should be interesting...

Enjoy some pictures!



5 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

JAM - LOVE the pics! I cannot believe YOU were that big (before the birth!). Honestly, I still can't believe you had twins! I babysat for Lindsey and Clark yesterday - oh my soul, new respect for the twin moms! Anyway, cannot WAIT to hear a/b their first trip to the House of Mouse!!!!

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh, I can understand now why you couldn't walk up and down the stairs!

You kids are just too cute for words. I can't wait to find out what they think of a life-sized Mickey Mouse! :-)

Jamesha said...

How brave of you to babysit in your first trimester, Jane Ash! I will definitely be doing a post-Disney post as soon as I recover! Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Love the soy milk.

And the Parks twins, obvs.

Star said...

Dear Olivia and TJ,

Thanks for enjoying my soy milk cupcakes. Also thanks for providing hours of entertainment. Hope you didn't mind having us tag along on your birthday trip to the zoo. Please move to Charlotte. Thanks

Star and Travis