Friday, January 2, 2009

3:2

Happy New Year!  The Parks ended the 2 year birthday celebration (first 2 parts: zoo and party w/ cupcakes) with a trip to Disney World on New Year's Day!  We had a blast!  I have entitled this blog "3:2" because this is the ratio that I require when the Parks Family goes on any dramatic outing.  Three adults.  2 children.   Period. It is a must if you want to retain your sanity.  My dear friend (and soror) Anitra was kind enough to treat the Parks Family to a day at Disney.  Anitra and I met while I was doing my Disney co-op and she was doing an internship at Disney in 2000 and have been friends ever since.  She returned to work for Disney and has been waiting for me to say that I was ready to bring the kids to the parks.  So much so that she spent the day with us in the parks.  Since Star and Travis wanted to be grown and go off by themselves (ahhhh, new love), the presence of Anitra was essential in me agreeing that a day at Disney was doable for the Parks Family, as she was the 3rd adult.  We shall call her "3:2".  She was absolutely amazing.  Since she works at Disney and didn't need 'the experience', she was all about doing whatever she could to make life easier for us (e.g., holding the stroller on the tram while Terry and I held the kids, staying off the rides so she could take pictures of us riding the rides, parking the stroller while we jumped in line)...just quality assistance.  Terry and I couldn't thank her enough for making the kids' first visit a special one.    

Since it was New Year's Day the park was extra crowded, so we decided to spend the entire day in Magic Kingdom.  They say pictures are worth a thousand words so here we go...Enjoy!



The kids were awesome, by the way. They slept in the car on the way to Orlando and didn't fall asleep again until we went on our last 'ride' (when we saw Mickey and Minnie). They enjoyed all the rides...when TJ and I were Dumbo, one my best memories was him saying with a big smile on his face - "TJ flying!!!! TJ flying, Mommy!" They weren't scared of anything...except Mickey and Minnie. Olivia, despite being a little hesitant, walked up to Minnie to shake her hand. I am so proud of them! I am glad that we got their "first trip" out of the way! What a great start to the new year!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh, it looks like you guys had SO much fun! I can't wait to hear all about it on Monday!

Unknown said...

Aww, it really sounds like a good time was had by all! Olivia & TJ were troopers and 3:2 is MVP.

"TJ Flying" just about made my heart melt into a puddle. Too sweet.

Star said...

Dear TJ and Olivia,

Thanks for letting us come play for 9 days. We miss you already. Also, thanks for being super cute and fun, and most importantly, HILARIOUS. See you soon!

Love,
Star and Travis