Sunday, December 7, 2008

Happy Birthday

My parents, the kids and I traveled to Pensacola this weekend to celebrate my grandmother's birthday. Although no one was allowed to say how old she is, I believe she turned 88 years old today. It was an amazing weekend, that felt more like a family reunion than a birthday party. Since Pensacola is pretty far, we don't get to see that side of the family as often as we'd like. It was nice to be able to fellowship with family and celebrate my grandmother's life while is still alive!!! 5 of my 6 uncles were there along with countless (literally, my grandmother has lost count) of her grandchildren, great-granchildren (none of her great-great-grandchildren were in attendance), friends and family. TJ and Olivia had a blast! Once they got some food in their system, it took no time at all for them to warm up to their cousins. Thank goodness there were balloon bouquets because the balloons turned into instant entertainment for all of the little cousins that were there. Unfortunately I failed to charge my camera battery so when I took my camera out to take picture #1, my "low battery" indicator was flashing. I don't know why this happened to me because there were so many kodak moments that I would have captured had I had a working camera. There were a lot of people taking pictures so hopefully I will get some from my family. Anyway, the kids had a great road trip, a far cry from our 1st roadtrip last Thanksgiving. They are now sleeping peacefully...hopefully for the entire night. Once I get some unpacking done, I will be doing the same.

Happy birthday, Grandma!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all. That's really great!